Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Memory 17: Unfinished



 I lost the interest on pursuing to finish it. Guess I'm not that dedicated to write fan fictions anymore.


Here's the last chapter of my unfinished fan fiction project...

CHAPTER 3
The Beginnings

I scanned my checklist and my suitcase to check if ever I forgot something. My gadgets, clothes and other stuffs are already packed. I am ready for the Italy photo shoot. I am all set.

The house helper knocked and handed me my tickets delivered from the airline. Two tickets, one for Italy and the other one for Korea. I showed my tickets to my parents. My dad was surprised, “Why are you going to Korea? You’ve only told us about your work in Italy.” I showed my illustration and tried to explain in a comprehendible manner. My dad got even more confused with what I am trying to convey. Before my dad loses his temper, my mom just said, “Let her find herself or whatever that illustration means to her. She’s old enough. Just take care, honey. By the way, how much do you need?” I assured them I will come back after two weeks and I’ll come back safely. I told them what they deposited on my account is enough because Andrew will pay me for the shoot I am going to do in Italy. He will also accommodate me in their home. What I have and what I will get is more than enough for the two trips.

Again, the resounding “I am all set” comes into my mind. But I realized, am I really ready? I am unsure of my journey. I don’t know if I am looking for myself or I just need to take a break from work and personal problems. But, I have decided to go and try my luck, if ever I have one.

Before I test the luck I am talking, I should settle documents and guide my staff for a ton of work for two weeks I will be gone. I called my ever reliable business partner and close friend Elisha, “E, I need you! Be in Korea three days after I give you call from Italy. Got it?”

Since I’ve started running my own company, Elisha has been very supportive with my venture. She never left my side. She is my partner, my head designer, fashion consultant, marketing manager and my close friend. We named the company “LEINTODELO” which means lens (photography), print (publishing) and modelo (a Filipino term for model). We’ve been in the business for three years already but, the recognition we received was more than those who is more than ten years in the business. I am much honored to be known as one of the youngest entrepreneurs in the Philippines and a well-rounded photographer for print and advertising business. I won’t be able to reach this far if it weren’t for Elisha’s creative and corporate inputs. Fashion and marketing that is her forte.“I got it Sajee! I’ll ask about the details of this sudden trip when we see each other in three days. I will appoint three of the best assistants we have here to take charge for awhile and report from time to time. All set?” She’s really great when it comes to professionalism. “Hmm, seems like you’re more prepared than me, Elisha. See you in three days.” I hanged up and she probably knew I was not in the right mind that time.

My flight is 8 o’clock in the evening. I have to be six hours early which makes 2 in the afternoon as my call time. It was only 10AM that time but, I started getting ready for my trip. It took me an hour in the bathroom making sure I am well groomed for my trip because the moment I land in Italy, I will start working. Also, knowing that Andrew will be there and the weird “I miss you” he told me during our short conversation last week, this work will going to be a stressful one for me. God, help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment