Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Memory 16: Making The Impossible, Possible


In RPG, you can do whatever you want and even make yourself the wealthiest and luckiest in the world. I hope this one's  true because I really want to travel and work in a prestigious company. As they say in Filipino, "Libre ang mangarap."


Here's Chapter 2 of my unfinished fan fiction project...

CHAPTER 2
The Search

Bacon, eggs, fried rice and hot chocolate, coming right up! I smelled the very appetizing breakfast. For sure, my dad cooked it for us. He is a good cook! I wish I can cook like him too.

With much enthusiasm to eat a very satisfying breakfast, I pulled myself out of my sheets, sat down at the edge of my bed, breathed heavily and stretched. I went to my Michael Jackson inspired bathroom (classic black and white), washed my face, brushed my teeth and did the rest of my morning routine. I combed my hair, plugged my phone on the charger, fixed my bed quickly and went downstairs.
I greeted my parents and my cousin and sat quietly next to him. We had our yummy and heavy breakfast together. We updated each other with our activities yesterday. When it was my turn to share, I didn’t have second thoughts to tweak my story to sound like it was a normal day. But, the look my cousin gave me made me anxious and immediately, I ended my story.

We continued eating our meals and when we’re done, my mom stood up and piled the dishes and brought them to the sink. My dad went to the living room and watched a news program. Me and my cousin, we went upstairs.

He went with me to my room and told me that he knew what I did yesterday. I was totally freaked out. Speechless, that is. He told me, he saw me at the park looking like a crazy person. At first, he didn’t mind me and thought I was just conceptualizing for my forthcoming photo shoot. Then, after approximately two hours, he went back nearby the park to deposit his salary to his bank account and supposedly, go home early. Still curious of what I was really doing there before heading home, he checked if I was still there at the big tree and waited for me to go home.

From my weird reflection at the big tree, ran back and forth from the electronic shop to the internet café, rode the bus, wandered beside the window, walked lousily towards home, he was just a few steps behind me. All the while, he was like a stalker following me home. He was really concerned that I might meet an accident along the way after I acted differently from the park. It was nice of him to watch over me with all his stuffs? Why did he went home an hour late than me?

He told me, “I ate at the diner and rested my arms and feet for a couple of minutes because I brought all of my paper works. I can’t imagine you didn’t grab something to eat after your ‘reflection’, if that is what you call it, at the park.” Michael is such an unbelievable human person who is very suspicious and sometimes weird. So I guess I wasn’t the only person who has a quarter of weird-ness in character. I have no choice but to tell him what really happened. I do trust him, anyway.
At first, he said it was absolutely impossible and regarding it as a coincidence is extremely extraordinary, knowing that a thing like that doesn’t fall under the category of coincidence. I told him everything and he just groaned, “You’ve got to be kidding me, Sajee!” He stood up, opened the door and before he closes it, he laughed at me. I was offended but then, I have to accept the reality of my out-of-mind activity.

I was left alone in my room. When silence reminds me of my loneliness, I tend to think of things that are very depressing and mind-boggling. I then remember what my cousin told me that “...Regarding it as a coincidence is extremely extraordinary…” really makes sense. Coincidence is not the right term. There is something behind it. I feel it.

I turned the computer on, pulled one of the drawers and get a notebook and pen, and opened Google Chrome. I pretended that I am a detective and researched on Kang-in the whole day. After the many hours of immersing myself on the computer, my research was completed at around 7PM.

I rested on my bed for an hour and went to bath. I hummed a familiar tune from last night while showering, “…I want to spend my lifetime loving you, if that is all in life I’d ever do…” Why that particular song?

I dressed up, read my research and kept it in my drawer. I took out my illustration from my bag and went to my cousin’s room. I knocked and he immediately opened the door. I told him, “Do you think I should go where this person is?” I handed him my illustration. He suspiciously looked at me and suddenly, my cousin jaw dropped. “What are you thinking, huh? Are you taking drugs?” he added. He’s right. I don’t know what is happening with me. I just felt this urge to go and find him. I looked at my cousin’s eyes and I don’t know what he saw in my eyes that made him say, “Go. You’ll be leaving soon for Italy to meet up with Andrew for a photo shoot, right? You can extend your trip…” Oh. I forgot about Andrew. I answered, “Right, for the portfolio. Hmm, and that’s a good idea. I’ll cut short my trip to Italy and spend one a half weeks in Korea. I got it. I’ll call him right now.” He just smirked.

I went out of my cousin’s room and called Andrew but, it suddenly went to his voicemail. I will just left a message. “Hey. Hi Drew! The shoot is still on, okay? I’ll be there next week but, I can’t stay for a week just like what we’ve planned. I need to leave after 3 days. I need to go to Korea. Is it…” He picked up and answered me. There was a weird sound from the other line and after a few seconds, he spoke “Oh, sorry for the voicemail. I had something to do. Hmm, I thought you’ll stay for a week but, if that’s your decision, it’s okay with me. I MISS YOU…” I was shocked with the ‘I miss you’ part of his answer but I answered, “Yeah. I need to find someone in Korea. See you soon. Bye…” I heard him saying something else but, I ignored it and ended my call.

I can’t have anyone mess with my mind. It’s pretty messed up already. I think I am really going to be crazy. But before that happens, I called the airlines to book another flight.

I told my parents that I won’t join them in dinner because I feel sick. They got worried but, I assured them I just need to sleep early. I texted Michael who is at his room doing some office work, “I called him. At first, it was his voicemail and before I ended my call, he picked it up. He told me he misses me. He’s weird. Have you guys spoken already? Can you ask him what’s going on with him? I am concern but, I am feeling awkward already. Good night, cousin.” I waited for his message alert tone before I entered my room.

When I got inside, I took two pillows and a blanket and lay it down on the carpet. I fixed the curtains so the cool wind will come inside my room. I chose to sleep there beside the door to the balcony and gaze upon the stars. I was waiting for a wishing star to help me decide what I should really do. But, it’s pretty impossible and yet I am still hoping. It was just like hoping to see Kang-In… a super idol in Korea. How can such a random person like me be able to catch his attention?
Frustrated like a desperate ballet dancer aged 56, I just close my eyes, prayed and forced myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment