Monday, May 14, 2012

Memory 21: My Artistic Frustration



I never had the skills to create an extraordinary drawing or painting. I only knew how to draw stick people and a bit on nature. I'm not good with lines and other techniques in drawing. I only had a vision with less skills of an artist. I have kept some drawings from my high school during free period or while having class. Hihi.

Here are some of my works; if ever they can be called works of art...


I always wanted to sport a short hair but since I'm plus size, I don't have much confidence yet. Anyway, I also like warrior-looking women. A perfect example would be the amazons. I remember I even collected Ragnarok online cards with lady warriors with their cool battle wardrobe and weaponry. I like to play with extremes -- cute and lady-like but has an inner warrior within themselves.

   

My greatest weaknesses are the hands, feet, and face especially the eyes. I just don't know how to draw the hands and feet to match the body and aura that I'm trying to achieve. Anyway, the solution I came up with was to hide the arms and just forget about the feet. About the eyes, you will notice that it's the same with all of my sketches above. Hahaha. Anime eyes.


I remember I asked one of my closest friends, Shane to teach me how to draw starting with the basics. Since we had a class about drawing, the special lessons I had with her helped me a lot. She's an artist and knows how to manipulate the techniques in drawing. So to cut the long story short, I came up with this with her help. Pass or fail?




I have a few more sketches on my archive but I'll just show them to you next time. Hit the comment box if you think I should try to draw again. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment