Monday, May 7, 2012

Memory 15: A Product Of Boredom & Extreme Imagination


I think I started this "fan fiction" almost 2 years ago. I had nothing to do and I was into role playing games with my friends before. We were writing about ourselves mixed with the lives of our favorite KPOP idols and groups. Even creating families... It was a product of our extreme imaginations.

Here's Chapter 1 of my unfinished fan fiction project...


CHAPTER 1
Heart’s Unravel the Missing Part

It was a sunny afternoon that day at the park. I went up the hill to where a big tree was located. I am lucky to have the shade of the big tree, peace and silence all for myself. I needed time to think about my life and who I've been for the last 25 years. But, as I look at the wonderful scenery in front of me, I felt I need to write about my future. Time passes by quickly and maybe the next thing I knew, the once wonderful scenery will be a devastated sight.

As I move my pen, I let my inner being push it until there is nothing to write on anymore. There is a lot of things running on my mind and reflecting every relationships and experiences with them made me cry and feel sad. There was a moment that I wanted to stop because the emotions were rushing in too much and I can't contain it anymore but, there is an unknown force pushing me more and more until I felt my hand twitched. My pen was nowhere to be found. I only have my notebook in my hand, as I busily look for my missing pen. I realized I have to get over it and continue with my other pen. I was surprised when I tried to find the end part of my work. All along I thought it was a story but it was a work of art, an illustration of what's running on my mind the whole time I was sitting under the big tree. The only thing that I can comprehend with my work is that I am wearing a dress. Not a typical one that is worn on a usual outdoor appointment or whatever but, something grandeur and astonishing. As soon as the picture sinks in, I realized I was wearing a wedding dress and next to me was a tall guy, Asian-looking, strong and full of conviction. I don’t know his name but his image is stuck in my head.

I smiled and burst into laughter. What I did is something unusual and I considered myself as a freak after that.

I stood up and grabbed my things and head to the bus stop. While walking, I checked my watch and sighed. It’s already 8:49 P.M. and the next bus ride will be at 10 P.M. And so, to kill time, I went to the nearest internet café to have my work scanned and post it in my blog site. While heading to the café, I passed by an electronic shop where lots of television sets were displayed. The flat screen television was showing a live performance of a boy group. They were Asian-looking, has a good sense of fashion and great dancers. One performer caught my eye. He looked familiar. My jaw dropped and my heart was startled with the person on the TV. He is same person I drew in my notebook. He is the man beside me in the drawing. I rushed to the café and immediately sat on the first computer unit beside the door. I handed my notebook to the staff and had it scanned and printed it for me. I didn’t post it in my site anymore. I went to a browser and looked for that person. I really need to know who he is but, I don’t know where to start because I don’t know his name. I ran back to the electronic shop and asked the staffs there if they know the name of the boy group that they are playing on the flat screen. Thankfully, the manager knew their name. They were Super Junior. I got shocked at first with their name but then, my main goal was to know that person’s name. I thanked them and went back to the internet café. I typed in the name Super Junior and millions of results flashed right in my face. I didn’t imagine they were famous. I looked for the members’ names and profiles and voila! I found his name, KIM YOUNG WOON but he is famously known as KANG-IN. He was in the business for a long time already, about five years now.

I began to feel muscles contract in my face. Oh! I was smiling, tremendously with blushing cheeks and cold hands. It’s like love at first sight. I stared at one of his pictures where he was smirking, an evil smile but very endearing. I was like that for an hour or so when I heard a bus honking outside. I regained back my senses, took the print out of the picture, paid my expenses and left.

I ran to reach the almost closing door of the bus. Thank God! I made it. I sat down beside the window. As the bus passed by the main road, we stopped near the bay walk. I noticed a sweet young couple. Initially, I feel happy for them but eventually, I felt envious. If I had someone beside me, like the sweet young couple, it would have been a memorable bus ride home. Having the person you love beside you, makes you feel secured. I can’t stop thinking about Kang-In until I reached home.
While walking inside our subdivision, I took out my iPOD and listened to the first song that will play. I noticed the stars. I remembered Kang-in’s smile, very bright that gives you a light mood. I reached the gate of our house. I entered silently, passed through the hallway to the stairs and up to my room. I made no sound. I dropped my stuffs and knocked on my parents’ room to say that I am already home. I relaxed for a bit and took a shower. While showering, I received a call from my cousin asking me to wait for him at the gate. I dressed up and I brought my iPOD, phone and scanned picture with me. I sat beside the gate, in a big stone near the mail box. I played Mark Anthony and Tina Arena classic “I want to spend my lifetime loving you.”

I started imaginings things I shouldn’t imagine. I imagined I was singing the female singer in the duet while my Prince Charming was singing the male part. In my head, it was phenomenal performance. Standing ovation and the clamoring crowd gave me the nerves but Prince Charming held my hand and the nervousness went away. As I look toward Prince Charming, I saw Kang-In’s face.

I don’t know. He is suddenly just everywhere. What does this mean? Am I completely out of my mind? I randomly sketched this man (which I thought was a story I was writing) wearing a suit next to me in a wedding. I stopped the music and asked myself what the hell is wrong with me.

Then, someone knocked. It was my cousin, Michael. I helped him carry his stuffs and put them at the hallway near his room. He entered and said goodnight. I waved goodbye and winked goodnight to him. I know he is much exhausted than I am. I went to my room and stretched out on my bed. The moment I felt the silence, I remembered him again. I prayed and for a time, I forgot about him. I prayed fervently for my family, friends, and career and for myself. I didn’t notice that it was longer than the usual. Though I had in mind that it is the same prayer I always recite before I sleep. But, I easily recognized that it was longer and much, much longer that I fell asleep. The last thing I remembered was Korea. What about it then?

No comments:

Post a Comment