Thursday, May 3, 2012

Memory 13: Reconnecting Old Lines



I went to my alma mater to get my graduation rites pictures. Before I went to Red Images, I had a large cold milk tea from Simple Line. It was refreshing and I decided to sit first at the AB Pavilion and enjoy my milk tea. I missed UST. I missed St. Raymund's Building. I missed every place in the campus. Everything. I missed them

I was just enjoying my milk tea when a batchmate came out of nowhere and I felt the rush. It's like everything came back to me...the days of school and hectic schedules. Everything. I missed them. 

We had a chat and talked about anything under the sun. This is what I missed. Reconnecting old lines...the lines that felt like it was already gone but now, it felt fresh and new. I missed it.

I walked with her to another milk tea shop. It was cold inside and it relieved us from the heat. We chatted for a few minutes and then she left for driving classes. 

I bumped into another classmate who's on her way to submit requirements for employment. She had a puff and I refrained from having one. We talked about life after graduation and our job hunting summer. But she had to leave right away so I said my goodbyes and went back inside the campus.

Familiar places. Familiar faces. I gave them smiles from my heart. It felt good to see them smile back at me. 

I met another classmate and we walked together to get our graduation rites pictures. We refreshed our memories even under the heat. We missed the days where we would spend the whole day in school and build more memories inside the classroom. Everything. I missed them.

After getting the pictures, we waited for an FX to Cubao since it's really hot and we couldn't bear it anymore. So we waited and finally, after 45 minutes, we're on our way to Cubao. We chatted eagerly like it was our first time -- catching up and reliving memories.

Upon reaching our destination, we parted ways. It was a good feeling. I know that even if we all went through a lot, I could still call them my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment