Sunday, May 13, 2012

Memory 20: My Diamond Star



When I was a kid, I always listened to Jollibee's Isang Pamilya album. Yes! I'm a Jollibee baby back then. Anyway, there was one song written by Ogie Alcasid for the album. The title was Dear God. 

Here's my favorite part...

"Bago ko ipikit ang mata ng mahigpit. Bago pa managinip, kayo ang nasa isip. Ang tahanang ito may pagibig na totoo. Kaya abot hanggang langit ang pasasalamat ko. Dear God, salamat po sa pamilyang ito. Huwag niyo pong pababayaan ang mga minamahal ko. Dear God, salamat po panalangin ko'y dinggin. Sana laging may pagibig sa tahanan namin..."

It's my favorite because I know even if we have misunderstandings and differences; we have love in our family. We're not the perfect family or even trying to be one. We are the best in our own way and that's what I love about my family.

And I am not a good daughter. At times, yes but most of the time, I am really stubborn. I may have abused my parents' patience for me but at the end of the day, love will reign over us. I can't remember when I showed them the love that they deserve. Guess I'm not really that showy. I am into words... That's why I'm writing this.

Today is mother's day and I wanted to say these meaningful words to her.
 I LOVE YOU MAMA. 
I LOVE YOU FOREVER! <3

My mama always does the chores at home and I barely help her. I always sit around at home and let her do the chores.

But when I graduated, I tried bit by bit to help her. She would ask me to run errands for her and I would. At first, I hesitated since I'm lazy at times but I told myself, she rarely asked favors from me.

But above all, I want to say sorry for everything I did and refused to do in the past. I'm sorry Mama. I am really sorry. I love you with all of my heart. Thank you because if it wasn't for you and Papa, I wouldn't be here in this world. Thank you with all of my heart!

I know these words won't suffice but I just want to let you know, I will make mistakes again and again; even forget the things you told me. But one thing's for sure, I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!

Let this words come alive in the coming days, months, years, and forever that we will be together with Paput Paguddy. My Mamut Maguddy, you’re one in a million. You’re my diamond star!



4 comments:

  1. i love that 'isang pamilya' song from jollibee. i think i still have a copy of that album. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been trying to download it over the net but it seems no copy has ever been uploaded. if you happen to have a copy of that album please contact me :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good day, please if you got a copy of the album, could I please have a copy for myself? please kasi batang Jollibee din kasi ako and parang walang copy sa internet na makita, Thank you so much, more blessing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I just want to ask if you have a copy of the album, can I have it please. I really want it, but there's no copy. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete