Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Memory 22: Ten Things That Makes My Heart Flutter



I finished watching Dream High Season 1 last year and until now, I'm still hooked with the story and especially the characters. One of my favorite pairs is Jingook (Hyun Shihyuk) and Go Hyemi. Even if they didn't end up together, I still ship this couple. Hihi. They are childhood friends; though separated, they know each other by heart. When they met again, it took them awhile to remember each other but when they did; they were inseparable. Many circumstances came their way -- family and school -- but still tried to be together.


At the end, Go Hyemi changed her heart because of the unfortunate events that occured in Song Samdong's life. She became protective of him as a friend that eventually led to falling in love and since Samdong developed his feelings for Hyemi from the beginning of the story, it wasn't a hard love story.

Samdong was really firm that he wanted Hyemi and he told Jingook right in the face. Jingoo decided not to involve Hyemi about his struggle with his father even if she offered a-shoulder-to-cry-on.


Anyway, I don't want to elaborate the 16-episode-long idol drama of Dream High. I just want to emphasize the relationship of a man and a woman together with the circumstances in their lives. 


So with that, let me show you the ten things that I liked with Jingook and Hyemi's relationship -- the memories...

TEN THINGS THAT MAKES MY HEART FLUTTER
1. Jingook gave clues to remind Hyemi about their childhood.



2. On the first episode, Jingook helped Hyemi to escape from the loan sharks. They went to a place near the river and from then on, it became a place where Hyemi can cry her heart out. Upon seeing Hyemi cry under his helmet, he gave it to her so she can cry whenever she felt any pain or struggle.





3. When an incident happened in Kirin Arts School and Song Sam Dong got hurt from saving Hyemi, Jingook comforted the guilty Hyemi. He cleaned Hyemi's hands full of blood while telling her that Sam Dong will be fine.




4. In one of their classes, Hyemi sang "Winter Child" and dedicated it to Jingook. In connection to number 1, Hyemi realized what Jingook was trying to tell her about the yogurt drink. She then remembered their childhood memories and dedicated the song that she sang to Jingook when they were still young.



5. In preparation for their fake showcase, Hyemi and Jingook paired up. One of the dance steps included a sexy lift and position. Sam Dong, who became jealous since he likes Hyemi, tried to push them away from each other upon seeing this sexy stance.



6. On their first few weeks in Kirin, the hand picked students had a hard time adjusting including Hyemi and Jingook. Prior to this scene, girls kept talking about Hyemi who's standing in front of them waiting for a bus. Jingook offered the free space on the bench to Hyemi and sat with him. He gave out the left earphone plug to Hyemi. When Hyemi realized that there was no music, she understood that it was to pretend that she's not hearing any mean words from detractors. Both of them started pretending that they're listening to music.




7. During Hyemi's vulnerable times, Jingook came to her side and comforted her. There was a time when they are in the brink of their relationship because of Jingook's commitment to his father. Hyemi was so mad at Jingook for ditching her on their meeting, not knowing that Jingook's father was about to send him out of the country. He came to Teacher Kang's house and asked her to talk. She saw defeat from Jingook's eyes and just let him lean on her shoulder and cry.





8. When Hyemi found out that when Jingook came home with bruises and wounds, he went  to save her from the loan sharks. She judged him to be a hoodlum at first but when she knew it was for her, she thought of an act of gratitude for Jingook. Jingook left his big bike at Teacher Kang's house. It was snowing hard so Hyemi pulled out umbrellas to cover Jingook's big bike. Jingook saw her and when one umbrella fell out, he took it and angled to cover Hyemi as a sign of gratitude for taking care of his big bike.



9. Other sweet moments from my favorite couple. Isn't it super sweet? I hope it happens in real life but of course, Suzy will really end up with Taecyeon. Hihi.








10. This, for me, is the sweetest thing ever!! Back hugs! :">



Well the reason why I wrote this is because I want my MR. RIGHT GUY to do these things for me. Well not everything but I want a guy who's occasionally sweet.

A guy who doesn't think reminiscing is cheesy, holds the umbrella for me, sings for me, gives me the sweetest back hug ever, kisses me while we're riding the ferris wheel, confides in me when he's feeling down, dances with me, protects me from bad people, shares his helmet with me, let's me cry when I can't endure the pain, makes me laugh, and takes care of me. I know it's very ideal but there's nothing wrong with imagining someone who can actually do these things for a girl. Of course, he should do it without knowing that the girl dreams for her guy to do these things -- definitely, a guy with sense.

In this generation, these traits or actions are very hard to find. There are more aggressive men than romantic ones. Call it cheesy, but I'm still rooting for romantic guys who value the sweet nothings that every girl appreciates. I want that kind of guy. :)

Anyway, I just thought about the person who's destined for me. Of course, I don't know him yet because God is still writing my life story -- that includes my lovelife. Hehehe. I hope those Dream High fanatics like me shares this same sentiment with me especially the girls. What do you think?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment