Monday, April 16, 2012

Memory 4: Getting In Touch With Insanity



Been hooked with Korean culture since I watched Full House, Stairway To Heaven, and Endless Love on TV. But what really made me stay in love with Korea is their music which they call K-POP (Korean Pop). I familiarized myself with the different boy and girl groups, shows, series, and even their language. At some point, I indulged in the world of RPG where imagination really takes you to a lot of places. Of course, moderation is advised.

I always say "My heart is in Seoul (South Korea)!" Here's my perspective on RPG.


CHAPTER 1


In the world of RPG (Role Playing Games), you can make the impossible, possible. You create your own realities in your own sphere. Thru imagination and creativity, you reach different places. The power of your mind will take you somewhere.

But just a reminder: Don't forget that fine line between reality and imagination. You might barge into imagination too much and you forget how it really works in reality.

The real world has a lot of uncertainties. We experience everything from the happiest to the most painful situations of life. Sometimes, we want to escape from all the problems that come our way. We want an easy way out of all the trials that test our characters.

But life is not like that. We cannot escape the complexities of life. All we need is to do, even if it costs a lot of sacrifices and pain, is to face and conquer it.

I must admit, I enjoyed both worlds. It's fun to live in a world where anything is possible. You can be whatever and whoever you want. Personally, all of my frustrations are made possible in my RPG world. I felt like somehow, I redeemed myself. But sometimes, having everything will not give us the true happiness. You can still find happiness in having less and enough. I learned to be contented for whatever I have. Indeed, contentment comes with happiness.

Imaginary and real world... How can we have two worlds at the same time? How do we draw abstraction from reality? How can we understand reality thru abstraction? I don't have the answers to these questions. I only have my experiences to share.

As we conquer these two worlds, our minds unconsciously work in between. We weigh things inside our heads. Even our hearts are involved in the process. How can we motivate ourselves not to be that attached to our fantasies and still maintain that connection with reality? Can we still distinguish imagination from reality?

I had moments in my life that I would tell myself, "Life would have been better if everything is within our reach. I wish RPG world is real," and "Reality is reality. Dealing with it may be hard but this is where we live. We'll face it no matter what it takes."

I presented imagination and reality in my perspective. Now, let me take you to a different side of RED STRINGS. In her world, everything seems to fall perfectly to place. But in truth, the behind stories complicates her world. Will she continue to live in that world or deviate herself back to where she really belongs?

No comments:

Post a Comment