Monday, April 16, 2012

Memory 2: My Love, My Kiss, My Heart


Wrote this last year, November 5. I was browsing cover songs on YouTube when I realized that my dream to be a singer didn't die. Yes, I was focusing on my future career as a writer especially that time that I'm cramming for our thesis and other requirements. I was so into finishing all the paper works given to us and one day, I missed my music life. I missed MHX jammings or just singing in our bathroom with my player on. I did set aside my dream to become a singer for practicality. Singing is a profession but I think that I should do something else. 


So here's my reflection last year...



Dreams don't die. As long as the passion is there, dreams will continue to live on.

I didn't let my dreams die while I finish my Journalism course. I didn't let music behind the back seat for nothing. I will wait for the right time.

I always wanted to be a singer. Ever since I was a kid, I would perform in family reunions. I would sing or dance just to entertain my family and relatives.

As I grow up, my interests have changed but music will always be with me. Music is my comfort zone. It is something that eases my heart from pain and my mind from bad thoughts. Music is everything to me but I had to set it aside to try something else.

For me, writing is second to music. It's a hobby. My cousin suggested trying something out of my comfort zone. And so, I pursued Journalism in college. It gets tougher and tougher every semester and the doubts kept bombarding me. There was a time that I wanted to shift to another course. I told myself, writing is not for me.

I tried to catch up and did my best but my flaws in writing cannot be denied. During OJT days, my fear intensified. I may not be able to pass since I will be working in a refutable publication. I did my hardest and even if it meant having no proper sleep, I gave my best. Fortunately, I was able to finish my internship, maybe not with the best articles, but with pride that I made it. Also, I learned to be independent. I went to different places, most are new to me, and that taught me to be the modern day "Dora The Explorer" (hahaha!).


Now, I felt like I've devoted a lot of time for writing. Still, music is everything to me. It is my refuge. I consider it as my friend who is with me during my ups and downs. It comforts me and assures me of a good day ahead. Even if I set it aside and it remained at the back seat for four years, it will always be right here in my heart.

Now that I'm in my last semester, I thought about music. After four years in Journalism, shall I give music a chance now?

No comments:

Post a Comment