Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Memory 8: I'm a PANKYSTA!


I was thinking of what to post today; something that would show my preferences particularly in music. I was checking my timeline when my favorite rock star tweeted and I decided to share something about her since I'm a fan... I'm a PANKYSTA! :)


So here's my history of being a Pankysta for 6 years and counting...




(Credits: Panky Trinidad's Facebook profile)


Mariangela Soleil Frias Trinidad, also known as Panky, was a Pinoy Dream Academy Season 1 scholar. Being one of the singer-songwriters in their batch, she showed great potential to become a versatile singer. Her personality left an impression to the audience and even with her mentors in the Academy.

She was criticized for her strong personality and physical appearance. But she silenced the criticisms with her powerful vocals and great stage presence. Every week, she proved that she deserves to be in the Academy. She made it in the Top 6 and ranked fourth. I was able to watch the Dream Night with my mom and a friend. I was really happy to see her sing live for the first time. :)


A cut from the duet of Panky and Chad "Gemini" 



Top 6 scholars (From R-L); Chad, Panky, Ron, Yeng, Irish, and JayR. (Credits: PEP)





DREAM NIGHT (December 16, 2006) @ The Araneta Coliseum. Panky received her diploma from Head Master Jimmy Paredes.



AFTER PDA


As part of the privileges of being a PDA Scholar, she was given a chance to be part of the ASAP stage and perform with the other scholars. I was happy that I'll see her perform every week but after some time, ASAP changed their line ups/segments. I didn't know what happened to her and the rest of the scholars after that.


I remember she did the Dragonna theme song where Shaina Magdayao was the lead character. Also, she was part of CEBALO, a product of PDA Season 1, who sang Pinoy Ako for PBB Celebrity Edition 1. CEBALO also collaborated with fellow scholar and Grand Star Dreamer Yeng Constantino in her debut album for the song "Time In."


I think it was early 2011 or late 2010 when I saw her with a band in Umagang Kay Ganda. I literally jumped and squealed at 5:30 in the morning when I saw her on TV, It's been a long time and I'm just happy to know she's doing fine with her band VERSION 4.0.

♥ ♥ ♥


I've always been a fan of hers because I know she's a very talented artist. She never fails to amaze me with her powerful vocals. I hope she gets a chance with her band to be on the big stage again. I believe she will inspire more singers like me. :)

Here's my short fan girl story... I was looking for her profile on Google when I saw how active she is with her band through her twitter account. Also, she lost a lot of weight and she looks really cool. :) But what really made my smile was when I started following her on twitter, she re-tweeted some of my tweets and even replied several times. I was enjoying my fan girl moment that time. I told my cousin about it and we decided that when we're both free, we'll see Panky and Version 4.0 live soon.

MY FAVORITES....

Panky's version of Adele's Rolling In The Deep with Version 4.0 @ Strumm's


Panky's version of Hold The Line with Version 4.0 @ Strumm's


Panky's version of Turning Tables with Version 4.0 and Ivan on keys @ Strumm's


(Credits: SuperRockGodess on Youtube)


Watch these videos and listen to her powerful vocals. Let me know what you think and leave a comment. :) Thank you!

1 comment: