Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Memory 32: A Hardcore KPOP Fan With Moderation


I'm a confessed KPOP fan. From Shinhwa, Super Junior, Big Bang, 2NE1, f(x). 2PM, and down to the rookie groups, I watch them online and keep myself updated with their activities. A lot of thanks to the World Wide Web, indeed I get in touch with a lot of fans like me. We always gather in every social networking site out there and talk about our favorite groups. 

One thing I'm proud of being a fan is that we know the meaning of moderation even if we spend a lot of bucks and sleeping time for our loveys. Yes and we are that devoted. Thanks to the internet. Even if we missed an hour or two of the comeback performances or release of music video, teasers, etc., we can still watch it and abuse the repeat button.

I know a lot of KPOP fans who would skip meals just to save money for an album from Korea to be shipped here in the Philippines. I did that twice and realized that I can just download their album for free on the internet (for private use). But the thought that you can help them with the digital sales (fans know about the Hanteo charts, etc. and we're all dying to make our loveys top the charts), buying their albums are worth it. As for me, I don't collect. I buy my favorite albums. Sorry fans. I'm supporting more than one group and so I can't open my wallet for all albums. Hihihi. But rest assured, I love my biases.

I'm an ELF, VIP, Blackjack, Changjo, aff(x)onate, Hottest, Boice... name it. Having more than one fandom makes us love Korea as a whole including dramas, culture, and its people. :)

I'm shouting this out to non-KPOP fans. I hope they don't take us as crazy fans because we know our limitations. Well, other KPOP fans are way overboard but don't take us as a whole. We know where we stand and our loveys will always be on the internet. Again and again, THANK YOU INTERNET! IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU, BEING A KPOP FAN WOULD BE DIFFICULT. THANKS TO YOU WE CAN WATCH ANY TIME AND ANY DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment