Friday, July 13, 2012

THE COUNTDOWN: Day 13 of 31



They say today's an unlucky day since it's Friday the 13th but I think it's just an ordinary day. We can experience unlucky events any day and blaming it on Friday the 13th is just crazy. We're making our own monsters.

Anyway, today is declared to be "The National Day of Remembrance" for the Comedy King Rodolfo Vera Quizon a.k.a. Dolphy by the President of the Philippines, Noynoy Aquino. Everyone is mourning for his death because of his countless contributions for the industry and to the lives of the ordinary Filipinos. He is truly a legend and rightful to be awarded of the National Artist Award. I'm praying that even if he wasn't able to receive that before his death, it will be given to him soon with his family accepting it for his behalf now he's gone.


I didn't grew up watching his TV shows but saw some of his movies and indeed, it made me laugh and forget some of life's realities. He is the medicine for he is the laughter of every Filipino.

This day, 18 days before my birthday, I offer my sincerest condolences to the Quizon family and to the Kapamilya, Kapuso, and Kapatid out there who were touched by the Comedy King's humility and kindness.

RIP Dolphy. You will be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment