Thursday, June 7, 2012

Klang Reise 002: Lady GaGa's The Edge Of Glory


I just love Lady Gaga. Her courage to pursue her music and the crazy fashion are beyond words. Despite many criticisms that pull her down, the little monsters (Lady GaGa calls her fans little monsters denoting them as her children being the Mother Monster) will forever support their Mother Monster.

I don’t really consider myself as a little monster but I find her music really interesting. It has a hook and unlike other artists, she can do live performances. That is one charm I look for in every artist out there. Like my favorite KPOP music, most of the singers and bands that I know can go live singing and dancing for their fans.

Her fashion is very unique and avant garde. Also, her shoes seen on Bad Romance video were designed by Filipino shoe designer Kermit Tesoro. Proud Filipino, hands up!

Anyway, my klang reise entry is about her song The Edge of Glory. The music video is different from her usual grandeur gothic-like and dark concepts. But one thing that gave me a hook on this song was when a video prepared by UST for the neo-centennial graduates (like me) used this song as background music. When it was played, we really felt we’re on the edge of glory as we are about to exit the Arch of Centuries. For four years, we avoided that just not to spoil the tradition. Hihihi. 

So here's the original. Can't find the UST AVP. :))

Lady GaGa’s The Edge of Glory
Credits to YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment